Monday 1 October 2012

Riding the Seas of Change

Riding the Seas of Change


My dad was in the navy in the second World War and always claimed it was the best time of his life. For years I struggled with this concept until I was able to grasp a wider view of what this meant for him. I realise that as I see him now at the grand old age of 89, an amazingly fit and healthy, easy going person in all senses of the word, I realise how his few years at sea stood him in good stead for the years to come. Unfazed by the great changes he has witnessed since the 20's he has been able to ride the seas of change with ease.
Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to play with one of my bands in the Scillies. These are islands, 3 hours by sea off the coast of Cornwall and what a truly beautiful place it is. However, in September it is a lottery on what kind of crossing you may in encounter. As the waves threw the ship rocking from side to side, even after years of being brought up with boats as the love of playing on the sea never left my father, I felt the need to stay below deck and keep an eye on the horizon. As I concentrated on relaxing, it came to me how this had a much greater importance than merely handling a rough crossing. 
Aware that the universe is purely vibration from the very fast to the slow and dense, life is about riding these waves and at the moment we are being battered by the energy waves our sun is sending us as we are all shifting together. As the Earth is hit by these extraordinary waves from the sun so are we all affected. Now I know that if you are on the sea and the rise and fall of the choppy waves is making you feel sick the worst thing you can do is tense your stomach  muscles and try and fight the flow. The best thing to do is relax and go with it so you're flowing in harmony with the incoming energy. I feel this is what is happening for so many people now. The waves of change - which are actually beautiful if you prepare yourself in a way that allows you to let go of the old, however attached you may feel to it, and bring in the new - can be almost impossible to get to grips with if you create a feeling of fear, tension and stress. Trying to block the new frequencies arriving at our door is as futile as putting your hand up to stop a tsunami. 
As I continue to watch my father with great respect, I thank him for what he has unknowingly taught me ( a man who shows the way most effectively by his actions and not with words) and have found this year to be an extraordinary gift of challenges and changes, all of which I have managed to cope with so far.
Let's see what the next three months bring. Remember, though, don't forget to breathe and don't put up a struggle. Enjoy the ride.....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment